Saturday, June 7, 2014

On To New Things

Today was my husband's last day at his current store. His team made him an enormous good bye card. He cried. Several of them cried. It's nice to feel loved but why do we show people we care most often when we're losing them?

It may have been good-bye for his team but as far as I see it next week I have my husband back. He'll be "working" two hours less a day (in as much as he'll be driving 2 hours less a day). 10 hours a week. 40 hours a month. I think it might start to get weird, seeing so much of him.

Today I ALMOST took my son for a walk to get ice cream. I mixed up a box of chocolate pudding instead but I was this } { close. A snickers flurry from the neighborhood ice cream stop sounds so good right now. Whew! NO SPEND day 36 is in the books!

Average daily spending for June: $13.61
considering tomorrow as a no spend day

4 comments:

  1. Well done, a flurry is ultra hard to resist on a nice day. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! When temps get over 70 I start to crave ice cream as if it were water. It sucks that I live in a beach town. We have little ice cream places practically on every corner. But at least for today I'm victorious! Woohoo

      Delete
  2. Since i got a book with cool icecream recipes, I started making my own. Yet flurries are really nice. So yeeh for you, for not doing it!
    I would love to have boyfriend dearest be home a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me and the little guy should try and make some.

      Delete