Monday, June 23, 2014

Less


The boy and I happened upon this little fellow on one of our walks (The bunny. Not Chesterton.) More and more I'm finding such serenity out of doors. Does that have to do with aging? Birds ceaselessly chirping, warm or cool breeze brushing over bare skin, vegetation growing as it should but so beautiful still, the whoosh of waves in the lake, the feel of sand on toes, and wildlife; bunnies, rabbits, chipmunks making their way in our world but almost living on a separate planet. My life has such little, almost no interaction with theirs but we're both here, living. That we have in common. For some reason I smile at that. I'm truly happy when I'm outside noticing nature and paying it the respect I think it deserves. There's so much almost waiting, inviting us to enjoy it's very existence without any requirement to capture or obtain anything. I wish to desire less. Is that an oxymoron?

1 comment:

  1. I'm feeling the same way lately... It's not about how much we have in life, it's the quality of it that matters. Love the quote!

    ReplyDelete