Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 22 Squash Spaghetti and Birthday Cake

I've officially made up for yesterday's/ last weeks $1.59 overage and now we are 44 cents under budget. I'll put that 44 cents into the future purchases envelope and call today balanced. Also we had an amazing lunch today AND my husband and I cooked together for the first time EVER. He brought home spaghetti squash, ground chicken, and ragu and we made noodle free spaghetti (totally his idea). For all those like me who never knew that spaghetti squash can double as noodles it was AMAZING! Don't get me wrong, it sounded gross, I was beyond skeptical but it was SOOO Good! We have a new meal, which is a miracle in itself because we only have about 4 regular meals that fit into our high protein, low carb, low cost menu. Hooray for today!

It is my mom's birthday today (HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM) but I didn't get her a present  (that's not too weird for our family though). The grandkids, my sister in law, and I made her a cake yesterday. I did a little photo shoot of the little ones baking and decorating the cake for her and I made a facebook photo album for her profile this morning. She liked it!


Keep in mind: This cake was baked and decorated by 1, 2, 3, and 4 year olds  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment