Thursday, January 27, 2011

Updating the Goals

Goal number one still consists of me attempting to spend $10 a day and attempting to put $2 a day towards bigger items like cat litter that costs $9 which we need right now but I can't afford to take $9 out of the food budget all at once because we need it for food.

I've changed goal number two from paying off the littlest credit card to not using overdraft. I'm ashamed to admit it but I use the overdraft account like my own personal cash advance store. It's awful. I don't even want to think about what I paid in fees and interest last year alone just from transferring money back and forth from overdraft to checking to overdraft to checking. I truly believe that only a fool in desperation would do such a moronic thing. I've been a complete fool. If we're tight I just pull money from overdraft which essentially is exactly the same thing as taking a cash advance out on a credit card. I "usually" pay back the money a few days after I pull it out but all I need to do is budget better and live more responsibly and I won't have to play that awfully expensive game. Really I don't want to give any more money to the bank than what I already have.

Goal number three is working with my husband to try and get him on board with the budget. He agreed to spend less this past week but it didn't quite go that way. He doesn't want to talk about the budget or hear about the budget or think about the budget but goal number three we've got to get something figured out here.

Goal number four is to pay off the littlest credit card by the end of March not the end of February like I'd hoped. I really need to pay back the overdraft account from extra Christmas spending before I tackle that other credit card. I REALLY wanted to pay off that card and I've crunched the numbers so many times trying to get it done in February but paying the overdraft is the more responsible thing and so that's what I'm going to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment