Friday, January 28, 2011

The Good, The Bad, and The Money

The Good: I had $40 budgeted for an event my husband was going to attend next month. The tickets sold out 1 day before he decided to buy them. The unfortunate circumstance left me with $40 extra for this month.

The Bad: The $40 is gone. My husband purchased an inexpensive video game. I went out for coffee and a cookie with some friends. I bought the cat litter we've been needing and a few other groceries. That $40 gave us a nice spending cushion but it should have gone towards the debt. This happens pretty much everytime we make a little extra or end up with a budget overage. We get our hands on a little extra and we spend it in a heartbeat. I virtually never put it towards the debt. I'm going to let it go this time. I'm not going to stress about spending the $40 and beat myself up about it. But next time we have extra money I need to act quickly and put it towards the debt. Maybe I should add that to the goals.

The Money: The budget for this week is balanced. (I guess purchasing groceries outside of the $12 a week budget was sort of cheating but it's my budget and so I get to make the rules.)

No comments:

Post a Comment