Monday, January 31, 2011

AND I did NOT go out for dinner tonite

The last two hours of work were long and exhausting. Practically the entire time I thought to myself about how nice it would be to go out for dinner. I did pretty well with my spending today. I spent $9.25 and put $2.75 in the future purchases envelope. That money is officially earmarked for dog food. Today's budget is balanced but I came SOOO close to blowing it.

El Burrito sounded beyond good and after a long day of work I felt that I deserved it. I drove home fully intending to succumb to the third day in a row of my husband asking if we could go out to eat, "PLEASE!." Only he didn't ask. I was sure he would and it wouldn't be my fault because I would just be doing him a favor but he didn't ask. I used every ounce of energy left in me to keep my mouth shut, to walk to the kitchen and prepare inexpensive ground chicken meatloaves with a side of corn for dinner. It wasn't anything amazing but my appetite is appeased, there's $3.54 in the future purchases envelope, our budget is balanced, and we're working our way out of debt.

No comments:

Post a Comment