Wednesday, February 2, 2011

BLIZZARD

I didn't post yesterday because I was at work for over 12 hours. Needless to add I didn't have much time to blog. I'm not working today because of the blizzard.

Yesterday I went a bit overboard with personal spending. It didn't seem like much because it was only little things (McD's coffee, granola bars, grape juice...) and I was gone ALL DAY LONG but it sure added up. I ended up spending $8.53 just on myself. I don't usually spend more than $2. Then I proceeded to buy groceries for three days (I've been trying to only spend each day's worth of money and only buy for each day). Yesterday I spent $36.32. We are $12.32 over budget at present and I raided the future purchases envelope (unintentionally, I was only going to turn the little bills into a bigger one but they're gone now) so there's only $1 left in the envelope. Oops. I don't plan on leaving the house anytime soon so I think today's purchases are set at what they are. We don't need food for tomorrow. We should be ok, but again I think the future purchases envelope is out of luck.

At present there is $11 in our bank account. Normally I'd be panicking right now and transferring around $50 to $100 from the overdraft so that we don't overdraw. We get paid tomorrow and there's no need to spend any of that $11. No bills are scheduled to come out so it should be totally fine. I'll let my husband know that there's no money to spend at present and I'll leave that $11 dollars as is. I hate Wednesdays... so much pressure.

Goal number one: not progressing so well... only $1 in future purchases envelope.
Goal number two: in progress... so far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment