Sunday, February 27, 2011

Utility Crack Down

I've taken several of your suggestions into consideration and I've made a weekly utility saver chart. I intend to use 1 towel, 1 glass for water, take two showers, and do three loads of laundry per week. I intend to use one plate for food, wear one pair of socks (I tend to take off my socks and put a new pair on several times a day), and use one mug for beverages per day.

I've unplugged almost everything in the house. My husband leaves the TV on incessantly so I intend to watch that like a hawk and turn it off whenever necessary. I'm going to use lighting as little as possible. I like to check facebook about a million times a day so the computer is ALWAYS on. That's going to change. I need to remind myself to not run the water when washing hands and other things like that. I intend to wear shirts at least twice, pants at least three times, and sweatshirts for at least a week before washing them. It probably sounds gross but I'm sure we can flush the toilet less. I think we use a TON of water. I'm instituting all of these new procedures this week. I think it's going to take awhile to find out how much of an impact they'll make on the utilities but I'm interested to find out. The water bill will probably be the most impacted and we only get billed every three months so it's going to take awhile to find out on that one. I'll keep you posted.

Today I bought a very small bag of dog food and most of the meat that we'll need for the week. In addition I bought dish soap, eggs, stuff for spaghetti squash spaghetti, and some other veggies. I've $30 cash for the week. I gave my husband his $30 cash ($50 less than what he's been averaging but that's what he asked for) for his own personal spending. The budget for the week is balanced SO FAR. Game on!

No comments:

Post a Comment