Friday, January 17, 2014

blah, blah, groceries

Yesterday I Spent $1.34 on a $2 loaf of bread. I used 66 cents of rounded up loose change.We ate grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner and I made some pretty scrumptious peanut butter cookies for an evening treat. I know you can't even contain the excitement with how thrilling this blog is at times.

Today I will actually purchase groceries. In all honestly I'm scared to do so. I need to make smart purchases and plan everything out but I do not feel mentally empowered enough to tackle the challenge right now. Shoot, I'm a big girl. I can do this!

Let the day resume.

4 comments:

  1. Feeling similar about groceries right about now.
    But I am thrilled to read this post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. You make me smile! I discovered your blog a couple of months ago and I really enjoy it. I go through my day to day routine and it is nice to follow someone else and see similar things in your day. I learn a lot from the things you write and I appreciate your advice on ways to save money and your thrifty tips. Even the things that may not seem "exciting" to some people are things that are "real" and "down-to-earth" and that is what makes your blog so enjoyable and easy to relate to. Thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is an uplifting comment for sure. Thank-you very much. Sometimes when I post it really does feel like I'm boring any sanity that may be found right out of the internet. But ONLY buying a loaf of bread on a day when I wanted to fill a cart with groceries was a large accomplishment for me.

      Thank-you so much for recognizing that and for pointing out my thrifty tips... not sure I even know what any of those where :)

      Delete