Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Just Call Me Grumpy Smurf

Today is one of those days where I have to take the $17 cash from my son's Christmas money (I'll reimburse him on Thursday when we get paid) and deposit $32 into the checking account (that I'd reserved for something else) so we don't go into overdraft when two bills clear today. I do not want to swipe a credit card this year. I do not want to go into overdraft. It's only $28 but I wish paypal didn't have a hold on my e-bay money. It doesn't matter that I've been using ebay for decades (I've been with them since they started) with ALL positive feedback, nope. I haven't had a transaction for a year so they're just going to hold my money for as long as they see fit (up to 21 days). Which in turn means that I had to ship the dang items out (including the $5 I lost on shipping) with my own cash. I'm not in a good mood.

I honestly think I'm going to make it to Thursday (payday) without using credit or overdraft but I HATE the pressure. Its not fun. And I can almost guarantee you that my husband is going to ask to eat out tonite. I don't know if he can sense just the right time NOT to ask but he always begs to go out for dinner on days like today. I guess when all is said and done I'm glad that January 21st is the first time this year I'm feeling "the pressure." I mean I could have been in the pressure cooker boat on day one but I made it this far.

I think I'll be using that $5 Starbucks card today. I'm really grouchy right now and I haven't even left for work yet. Grumble, grumble, pressure is supposed to strengthen you right...

No comments:

Post a Comment