Monday, January 6, 2014

Today


The snow is almost up to my knees (much higher in drifts). Our outside glass door has snowflakes frozen all over it (the photo is a close up of this spectacle). My pups bounced around in the backyard this morning like dashing bunnies hopping bush after bush, only there were no bushes to jump over. It almost seemed like I was torturing them as the neighbors were all snowblowing pathways for their much larger canines. I'm certain mine enjoy the game and exercise however (when I do shovel for them they just escape the path and run through the deep snow). The entire world is white and chilly and the people are frazzled. This is my kind of winter! BEAUTIFUL!!!

*sending thoughts of snow your way pieliekamais. Maybe our arctic blast will find a path to you.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. The entire front door had snowflakes frozen to it. I don't know if I would normally even have noticed. I'm glad I did. It was really REALLY pretty.

      Delete
  2. I wouldn't worry about not clearing a path for your pups. If they weren't okay, they wouldn't be jumping around and playing. Some people forget that dogs are dogs and not little four-legged humans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. They're my babies but they are dogs. They can handle running though deep snow (and I really do think they like it). It's just funny when I'm looking at several neighbors shoveling and snowblowing pathways for their bigger dogs and watching mine frolicking like bunnies through mounds of it.

      Delete