Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Armed With Cookies and Tea

Almost out of coffee grounds here!!! I could purchase more but I think I will challenge myself to drink tea for the next two weeks or until I run out of my current supply. Along those lines, I'm trying to not purchase any sweet treats this month. Sugary goodness is definitely a " little luxury" that can be done without. This morning I whipped up a batch of sugar cookies to get me through a few days of not buying treats. Actually Abe helped me make the cookies for the first time. He pretended to use the beaters, he helped stir, and he helped dump in the flour. He's not even 2 and already baking. It was pretty special considering it's a family recipe I've been making since I was just a wee one.


I'm not a big fan of going into work in the evenings when my Husband gets home but I do like not having my mother in law here more than one or two days a week. She's retired and really doesn't need to be spending tons of her free time at my house. So a few late days are worth it. Today was one of those days. But today the thing I'm most thankful for is a fun morning with my boy. We ran around the house getting all sweaty and giggling for such a long time. I actually exhausted the little guy so that he went down for a very early nap but we had SO MUCH FUN!

Average daily spending for November: $10.78

Number of days in a row
Not buying food at work: 5
Not making large unnecessary purchases or luxury purchases: 5
Since we last ate out: 15
And I'm at 4 out of 18 NO SPEND days so far this month

I bet I've had a post with this exact title before... what can I say, I like cookies and tea.

1 comment:

  1. :) awesome morning. Wow about coffee. I really couldn't give up coffee, but maybe I should use up a lot of other tea before I get more Earl Grey. Hmm..

    ReplyDelete