Sunday, January 6, 2013

Cupboard Check

Well that was surprisingly delightful. We have a lot of food in the house that I was completely unaware of. Like macaroni and spaghetti noodles, taco seasoning, hamburger buns, tuna fish, and some Spanish rice. I think I can quite easily pull off a NO SPEND today and tomorrow. Plus I now have several meals in mind that I just need to pick up one or two things for to get us through this week.

I don't know if it's going to be possible to come anywhere near $12 a day this year. Purchasing things like Dog food, Cat food, toiletries, and gifts for people is really going to push the envelope. We will be under the $12 a day budget for this first week. I'm so happy about that. It's just such a wonderful way to start the year. I'm currently looking forward to the challenge, feeling good about these first 6 days, and trying to psych myself up for a difficult but potentially very rewarding road ahead.

My goal is to come as close as I can to $12 a day average and as close as I can to $15000 in credit card debt by the end of 2013. $1000 emergency fund in January... I hope so. Get that debt snowball rolling again... yes please! Enjoying family, lovelies, and victories... sounds good. I'm certainly looking forward to seeing where this year takes us.


2 comments:

  1. Maybe just look a week ahead in spending. it looks like youre going to pull off being well under $12 a day next week.
    Or Why not put everything left over away (looking at each day or week when it ends) in februari. It Could cover a bunch of little other things.
    I think i'm gonna follow your lead and set a limit per day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes on the $15k elimination goal... I'm attempting an $11k elimination this year, and was also stoked at the "treasure finds" in my cupboard so I could be more frugal. I suppose it's the same feeling like when you find $5 in your jeans when doing laundry - even if it's your own money, it's still kind of exciting. :) Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete