Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sunday

I'm shooting for the 5th NO SPEND of the year today. Once again it should be easy. I have no desire to go out and buy anything. It finally looks a bit like winter outside and I'm completely content staying home all day today. The only issue I'd have is if hubby begs for food out tonite. I can see that happening but he also just spent a ton of money on himself yesterday so I think I can easily say "sorry we're eating taco salads at home tonite buddy."

I calculated what it would take for me to be back on track with $12 a day by Thursday, our financial weeks beginning, and it's serious. I only have $4.57 for the next 4 days (we'll call it 3 if I pull off a NO SPEND today). That's harsh. It'd be amazing if I could squeak by on that but realistically doubtful. I'm thinking: do not buy any food at work next week, definitely do not eat out, don't run out of toilet paper, and eat lots of eggs for dinner and we could pull that off. Maybe I should try to be at $12.50 a day by Thursday.

We'll see.

Average daily spending for the year so far: $13.57

I turned comment moderation on. I've been getting a ton of spam. Blogger is really good about weeding it out but some of it has been very dirty and I don't want it to accidentally end up on my blog in case blogger misses it. So, I'm moderating now.

2 comments:

  1. Fair enough. I have set it to only allow registered users to comment, and so far I haven't had a single spam post.

    It was getting utterly out of control!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about spam. Some of them are just nasty!!

    ReplyDelete