Saturday, August 16, 2014

Go Ahead and SNSL

I keep seeing a pouch similar to this one at the stores I work in. I think it's supposed to be funny but I can't conjure up in my little mind one single reason a person would desire to own such an item. Every time I've strolled past the thing lately it's caused me to get quite angry. I don't get it. I also don't understand the YOLO thing so I guess I'm just so far removed from "the times" that I'm incapable of "getting it." But seriously?!?! Why? Are there really people who think this is a good way to live? Live it up folks! Have all the fun you can squeak in during a day. We can think about the future when it arrives. For now just waste everything you've been given, earned, worked for; for that matter spend now and pay the bills later too. Spend now and pay the mortgage later too. Spend now and take care of any financial responsibilities in your life later. Everything will work out just fine. Sigh.

I think what makes me most mad about this is that I VERY foolishly "spent now" for many years as a young adult and I don't have money to save now. Why would this be encouraged? It's destructive.

2 comments:

  1. I suppose "Spend now, pay (big time) later" wouldn't have quite the same appeal. That truth somehow isn't a good sales pitch.

    ReplyDelete