Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Once Upon A Time

Once upon a time there was an ugly tomato.
The repulsive little fellar was so self conscious he tucked his sad face down and curled right up into a ball.
"No way in all of time, in all the universe would anyone ever love such an unsightly fruit," he sighed.
Just then his mother happened upon him with glee and jubilee.
"OH, my little one. You are the most special, the most interesting, and owning more character than all the rest. How I adore you so!!!"
Everyone was happy then. Thee end.

This is a black krim heirloom tomato. It is terribly misshapen but the colors are correct for a ripe black krim. In this second photo little Abe is covering up the most blemished spot (unintentionally).

3 comments:

  1. Haha! I love the story!! Actually when I first saw that tomato I thought it looked like a boxing glove- then again, I am a HUGE "Rocky" fan, so that's probably just my brain seeing it that way. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't want to meet that on a dark night! It looks like a boxing glove!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny both of you think it looks like a boxing glove. I totally see it now. I thought it looked like an animal all scrunched up, sort of like a hedgehog (only naked).

    ReplyDelete